Tuesday 13 July 2010

Welcome all.

I assume the minute number of people who have currently stumbled upon this blog are hardcore film nerds, and if this assumption is correct, then you may rest your weary eyes and tired hearts here. I understand. I understand the frustration of having to hear the piercing, cold words "you're thinking too much about it", or, even worse; "it's only a film".

Consider this a haven for those who think overthinking anything (especially art) is absurd. For those of you have have been up way past your bed time arguing with SOME JERK about the symbolism behind Twin Peaks, or carefully re-watching Planet of the Apes trying to keep track of all the communist metaphors.

So what can you expect from the blog? Well, I confess to being somewhat ignorant of exactly how these things work, but I'll basically be posting deconstructions of films, explorations of themes of misc. musings on the art of film making. I am absolutely not claiming to know more about movies than over movie geeks, or possibly even more than the average film-goer. I am simply sharing my opinions, which I am inflated enough to believe may be interesting, or, at the very least, inspire debate amongst my more interesting readers.

Ciao for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment